Welcome to our forums! Feel free to chat about, or join our discord!

Doggo Mongo

DBT Doggo Mongos Staff Application

Informational Questions

In-Game Name: My name is DBT Doggo Mongo.

Discord(ex. Name#0000): Doggo Mongo#5865

Server you're applying for (DarkRP/CityRP): I'm applying for DarkRP.

Estimated Hours in DankRP: Around 100 to 150.

SteamID (https://goo.gl/w8A3TV): My steamid is 76561198127356103.

Steam Profile Link (steamcommunity.com/id/xxxxx/): https://steamcommunity.com/id/curreot/

How many overall warnings do you have? (type !warns using in-game chat): I only have two warnings and both of them were from months ago.

Your age: I'm currently 15 and will be turning 16 on the 16th of March.

Main Questions

Do you understand that any form of abuse will get you demoted and possibly banned? Yes I fully understand this and if I do anything wrong I will take any punishment that comes my way.

Are you active on our discord? (https://discord.gg/by264Qg): Yes I am very active except on school days (from 7AM-3PM)

Do you have a microphone and do you actively use it? Yes I have a working microphone.

Do you understand the Staff Guidelines/Ban Times? Yes I fully understand all of the rules and guidelines.

Do you have any prior experience with ULX commands? Yes I am very experienced with ULX.

Do you have any prior experience using logs? If so, what kind (e.g. bLogs, dLogs, etc.)? Yes I have experience with all the types of logs that are listed.

Do you understand you must be active and must take sits when they appear? 
I fully understand that I will need to take sits when they come up.

If you had a suggestion for the server, what would it be and why? I would go back to the printers that this server had before, AKA the smaller ones.

What is the proper time to noclip? The only time for nocliping is if you need to get to a sit area.

What is the punishment for RDM (Random Deathmatch) and what command(s) would you use? 

RDMx1: It would be a warn and a 300 second jail. Commands: !warn (name) (reason) !jail (name) (time)

RDMx2: It would be a warn and a 600 second jail. Commands: !warn (name) (reason) !jail (name) (time)

RDMx3: It would be a one week ban. Commands: !ban (name) (time) (reason) !xban

RDMx5: RDMx5 would get the person Perm banned. Commands: !ban (name) (time) (reason) !xban

RDM in a sit: It would be a one day ban. Commands: !ban (name) (time) (reason) !xban

What is the punishment for RDA (Random Arrest) and what command(s) would you use?

RDAx1: It would be a warn and a 300 second jail. Commands: !warn (name) (reason) !jail (name) (time)

RDAx2: It would be a warn and a 600 second jail. Commands: !warn (name) (reason) !jail (name) (time)

RDAx3: It would be a one week ban. Commands: !ban (name) (time) (reason) !xban

RDAx5: RDAx5 would get the person Perm banned. Commands: !ban (name) (time) (reason) !xban

RDA in a sit: It would be a one day ban. Commands: !ban (name) (time) (reason) !xban

What is the punishment for FDA (Fading Door Abuse) and what command(s) would you use?

FDA can only be abused if the person is using a keybind to do it.

Punishment: Warn/Kick/Ban

What is the punishment for prop block and what command(s) would you use? What would you do if the player in question was the Donald Trump job making a wall? The punishment for prop block is a Warn/Kick/Ban. If a is able to block all tunnels except spawn tunnels and the Prop-Block punishment would go for him if he didn't remove the wall from spawn.

Personal Questions

What is your main job as a staff member? My main job as a Staff Member is to keep the community in check and to keep a fun role play experience for the new players.

Why do you want to be staff? Why should we accept you above others? Well one reason I want to be staff on here is because I've been staff on here before and I love every second of me being staff. And my second reason is because I really do love this server and I've noticed the the players have dropped and I want to get those numbers back up to what they were when I first staffed. A good reason for choosing me over everyone else is because I've had a lot of experience with the server rules and with the community.

Tell us a bit about yourself? My IRL name is Landon and I have a 2.2k hours on Gmod and I love this game to death.

What times will you be most active on the server? (BE SPECIFIC!) 

Monday-Friday: 3PM-12PM 

Friday-Saturday: 11AM-3AM

Scenario Questions

What would you do if a player RDMs you? Well as a staff member you can't take your own sits. So what I would do is if there is another staff member on I would ask them if they can take my sit and if they say yes then let them take it.

A player Mass RDMs/RDAs and then leaves the server. How would you go about banning them? First I would check logs, get his steamid, and use !xban to ban the guy and post an extend post in the extend channel.

A player Mass RDMs/RDAs but does NOT leave the server. How would you go about banning them? First I would !jailtp (name) the guy and then bring some people that called the sit or got killed by him and I use either !xban or !ban to ban him and then post his steamid in the extend chat to get his ban extended.

The server begins to lag and you suspect someone is crashing the server. How would you go about finding who it is and banning them? First I would check console and see if anything someone is spamming something, but if I can't find anything in there I would open logs and check the props log and see if anything is going on and if i catch the person doing it I ban him for as long as I can and as quickly as I can.

A player has entities (Oil drillers, printers, etc.) in their base but still has their building sign up. What would you do?  At first I would tell him to remove the sign and if he doesn't I would give him one more verbal and if he still doesn't I would kick him for NITRP and if he joins back and does it I would just ban him for one day for NITRP.

A staff member begins to abuse their powers and no higher staff are online. What would you do? At first I would try to do everything in my power to stop him from doing anything like kicking him or just banning him. But if a higher staff member is then I would just try to kick him or ban him and if it doesn't work I would try and get a higher up on to demote him and ban him.

Any comments you want to add:

I hope you guys like my App and if I get accepted then I'm glad to be back!

I have seen you pretty active as of late I haven't had any occurrences with you that were bad you seem to have put a lot of effort into this application I'd have to give you a +1 Well done :)

I read your application and I’ve have seen you in-game and you seem to be RPing quite a bit, and I haven't had any sits against you. I’ll give you a +1 good job!

Going to have to disagree with everybody here as one of the most important things of an applicant to me is not being met which is activity. Checking both gametracker and battlemetrics I thought maybe I missed something but I didn't. You just came back 2-3 days ago. I haven't seen you on the server and I have no interactions with you. I heard you are previous staff and if your hours did amount to up to 100-150 I think that is great and all but if you are going to come back to a community and gain a power that most can't or don't have access to then I think you should spend a little more time with the current community. In addition to that things have changed such as rules, staff and a few other things so I don't think 2-3 days is enough to comprehend all of that and take it in preparation to be a staff member. Unfortunately, -1

In conclusion, yes you may have a good app and you were previous staff but I still don't believe that excuses your activity. Therefore get your activity up, get your name in the community and show that you are willing to put in that effort to be a staff member again and I would gladly plus 1.

Moderator Chris J. Out.

I over read your application and I have to agree with chris, but besides that, I have seen you almost everyday for the past 4 days, You are also not super mingey/toxic like a few other players which is a huge +.

+1 from me.

DENIED

Re-apply in two weeks.

You were extremely inactive as a staff member & due to this you never made it past Trial Mod, prove that you can stay active & I'll reconsider.